Hydro Excavation Services
Congested excavation zones can now be approached with the assurance of knowing the existing infrastructure will remain intact with no “hits” or “strikes”. The Hydro Excavation process safely breaks up the ground and simultaneously vacuums the debris into the on-board tank to expose buried utility lines, providing a non-destructive excavation.
RedHawk’s fleet is ready to mobilize to any location and respond quickly to any service request. Our Managers come directly from the industries we support, and are eager to provide value to even the most difficult project.
- Subsurface Utility Engineering
- Water Meter Service Pits
- Service Pits
- Gas Service Installations
- Utility Pole Holes
- Pilot Holes
- Exploratory Slot Trenching
- Electrical/Cable Fault Repair
- Water Main Breaks
- Utility Locates
- Pile Excavations
- Utilizing the water from the unit’s on-board reservoir, a pressurized water stream is introduced into the ground to liquefy the soil, which is vacuumed into the debris tank. The operating pressure of the water jet is variable with standard pressure output between 1800-2500psi, with a maximum pressure of 300psi, which is enough to conquer the toughest soil conditions while still providing the comfort of knowing the underground lines remain intact.
- One of the main challenges in waste disposal is the moisture in the soil. Redhawk uses nozzles specifically engineered for hydro excavation, combined with specific digging techniques to minimize the total amount of water used. By comparison, RedHawk uses 25% to 50% less water than the competition.
Our team is a recognized leader in the hydro excavation industry. Drawing our resources from Oil and Gas, Utility, Industrial, Pipeline and Excavation sectors, the RedHawk team has the experience and know-how to tackle any challenge in a productive and cost effective manner. Our operations team has extensive training bringing your project to the finish line with an added level of safety.
Redhawk has a comprehensive safety program providing our team with the most stringent training in the industry. Operators learn how to dig efficiently in the face of different types of utilities and infrastructures, as well as how to perform detailed truck inspections and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) on every job done.